Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at the Humane Society of St Lucie County. As “your hometown shelter’’ it is vital we have active participants from our community come and help us achieve our goal of finding homes for the thousands of homeless pets each year. Here are just a few things to consider before becoming a volunteer:
- Are you 15 years or older?
- Do you your own limitations (are you able to walk large dogs)?
- Can you tolerate loud noises?
- Are you able to use both hands simultaneously?
- Are you able to stand for long periods of time?
- Can you take directions and instruction easily?
- Do you have the ability to work well with others?
- And most importantly do you have a love of animals?
If volunteering and helping animals is something of interest to you then please attend one of our volunteer orientations.
Areas of great need:
- Dog walking
- Foster parents
- Help with outside events
If you have any questions about volunteering please contact us at (772) 461-0687